Friday, May 21, 2010

PFM Exists


Magic exists; my web guru told me so. When my computer made moves that my company IT guy (who shall remain nameless to protect his identity) couldn't explain, I jokingly suggested Old Unfaithful (Yes, I name inanimate objects, like cars and computers) must suffer from 'bad computer magic.' Could the problem be a Gremlin infestation?

Grinning, he nodded. "In private, we computer geeks call it PFM. Pure F#@!-ing Magic ." (FYI, I have no idea why my computer turned the F-word blue. Kind of freaked me out, considering the subject matter. No, really. I kid you not.)

BTW , the little guy in the photo is a gnome, not a gremlin. Gnomes are known for their love of travel. We ran into this one in Astoria, Oregon.
All things considered, I wonder why I didn't recognize the whole 'PFM Exists' thing sooner. After all, when email goes wrong, we're notified by a mailer daemon. Could the belief in magic in the web wizard world be any more obvious?

When I blog a 'PFM-Alert', I'm referencing The Unexplained. Not negative; just Unexplained, as far as I know. Feel free to put on your debunking hat and come up with a reasonable explanation--if you can.

Or don't.

2 comments:

  1. Gnome or Gremlin? Or Gremlin traveling in disguise as a Gnome. They are devious little fellows. I believe a Gremlin lives in my computer and is responsible for all the "PFM" occurances. There is so much that is unexplainable in this world. I like the term "PFM", works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...Could be a Gremlin in disguise. They're tricksy little fellas, after all.

    ReplyDelete