Friday, August 27, 2010

Truckers, Don't Make Me Come Back to Haunt You!

(Courtesy of www.FreeFoto.com )
Yesterday, I nearly (and unexpectedly) joined the Real World Dead (as opposed to the FaceBook Dead, from which I recently arose to live a second life). Real World death is permanent. And we are always just one misstep away from Eternity.

What does this have to do with truckers?

Yesterday, my mortal body was almost life-suckingly mashed inside my Jeep, squashed with my vehicle between a big blue semi and a concrete freeway wall. The Coroner would have had the unpleasant task of prying the remains of my cold, dead hands out of whatever was left of my twisted steering wheel.

Instead of blogging, I would be sending messages of comfort and love from the Other Side to my DH - and haunting a certain dumb-!?#@&! truck driver for the rest of his earthly life. His keys would have a way of disappearing from his pockets. His tires would have a way of going flat in rest stop parking lots. His logbooks would have a way of drawing the attention of regulators.

I would get him off the road.

Luckily, I can't do that. Miraculously, I'M ALIVE!!!
So here's a message to all you road warriors out there:

Mirrors are not the mack truck equivalent of bling.
They have a purpose.
They prevent those missteps that boot mortals into the Hereafter.

Use them wisely, or else.

4 comments:

  1. OMG Sarah...were you going home from our chat? Although I do think I remember you saying something about a truck and you vying for the same space. WOW! Been there and it is not a pleasant place...Your angels were watching out for you or maybe the trucker's angel were watching out. You would be a mean ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Rest, drink tons of water, rest. Schedule a series of massages and chiropractic adjustments over the next 3 months. Your body has been traumatized as well as your nerves jostled at every synapse!

    Ed thought he was "fine" after his accident but there were things that kept showing up even weeks later. Even after a few months of physical therapy - when he felt he was in pretty good shape - and started being a bit more active - more issues showed. Many of these could have been found or prevented if only...

    Rest. Drink tons of water. Get massages and adjustments for months.

    Keep posting updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Judith and Terri, for your concern. I was on my way to Judith's for our meeting. My arm hurt the first day from jerking the steering wheel, but I got a massage and Reiki session, and it's been fine since. My brake-pedal foot was very sore from slamming on the brakes, but it's also fine now. Terri, I'll keep getting massages, etc., so don't worry. THank goodness guardian angels don't sleep on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Sally, oops! Sarah. I am so glad you are okay. Those truckers can be 'over bearing and hog the road, instead of playing nice and sharing. I've had my own run in's with them on my comute to work and back. Now I give them a wide berth! You are my little sister and best friend, and I truely don't know what I would do if anything happens to you. Take care of yourself and have a few more massages. :))

    ReplyDelete